2/02/2012

Tool #10

Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens: abiding by copyright laws, being safe, and etiquette.

At least one of the resources mentioned on the Ed Tech website that I plan to use instructionally: Brain Pop,    Cyberethics for Kids,   and,  Copyright with Cyberbee

Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students: At the beginning of the year as we get ready to use various tech tools, a community circle will let me see what my kids know/don't as well as whether they have had first hand experience with any of these issues. As we discuss topics and visit some of the helpful sites, that is when we address student connections and possible scenarios with "what would you do if...?"

Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I will do this the same as what I tell my students so that they know exactly what their child has heard. I would then supplement them with other links sites that they can visit themselves to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment